April 24, 2019 - 8:30 am
April 25, 2019 - 5:30 pm
AddressPullman Hotel Kuala Lumpur Bangsar View map
This course two-day course is designed to develop Strategic Thinking (a skill set that lies dormant in most of us) and also to teach how to create effective Mind Maps (which is a very useful skill that enhances strategic thinking). These two techniques will introduce you to new ways of thinking, communicating and delivering proven business strategies that can significantly improve organizational effectiveness and personal productivity.
Strategic Thinking is our ability to think conceptually, multi-perspectively, holistically, imaginatively, and opportunistically. It is about seeing the bigger picture as well grasping the important detail. Strategic Thinking is not usually taught in school nor is it common to see it in action in organisations. However, it is a learnable set of competences which we teach in this workshop.
The ‘bonus’ associated with this course is that Mind Mapping is taught, and all attendees get to learn to create effective mind maps for the enhancement of personal effectiveness and productivity as well as for the purpose of strategic thinking. Mind maps have an awesome power to map, distil and convey information, and to explain relationships and ideas in a way the written word cannot.
Facilitated by BSc, DMS, DipCB – Barry Mapp
Who Should Attend
This course is relevant to all levels in an organisation. From planning tasks through to solving complex business challenges.
The uses of strategic thinking techniques and mind mapping are limited only by the human imagination and these business tools have been used successfully by many Chief Executives, HR Directors, Managers, Heads of Departments, Management Consultants, Project Managers, Engineers, Designers, Teachers and many more.
We recommend this course to anyone who cares about their professional development.
Key Benefits to Attendees
• Becoming competent in a wide range of strategic thinking skills
• Using mind mapping to enhance business thinking
• Enhancing all thinking modes by using mind mapping as a ‘scaffold’
• Master clarity thinking with mind maps
• By using mind mapping facilitate Critical Thinking, Convergent Thinking, Divergent Thinking, and ‘Joined-Up’ Thinking
• Mind Mapping gives the ‘Big Picture’ and the Key detail on ‘one page’
• Crafting business plans, marketing plan and sales plans with mind mapping
• Mastering business communication and business presentation with mind mapping
• Enhancing organizational activates (resources, events, thoughts and ideas)
• Improving negotiation skills, stimulate creativity and brainstorming
• Practical Uses of mind mapping include facilitating strategic thinking, and all the De Bono Thinking Strategies (Six Hat, Lateral and Simplicity Thinking)
PROGRAM AGENDA – Day 1
Session 1: Step by step process of develop strategic thinking skill set that will help you:
• Understand the importance of models for strategic thinking and especially appreciate models of the brain and how the brain learns
• Understand how we think and what sabotages thinking
• Recognize the role of metaphor and analogy in the process of strategic thinking
• Appreciate that strategic thinking embraces aspects of creative thinking, systems thinking and critical thinking
• Realize how complexity awareness changes nearly everything we have been taught
• Understand why only having one perspective, one model or one theory sabotages the ability to think strategically
Session 2: Mind Mapping using an eight step process and by the end of the day you’ll be able to :
• Easily read and make sense of well-constructed Mind Maps
• Appreciate how to use Mind Maps for a variety of personal and business uses
• Produce Mind Maps to a high degree of effectiveness
• Use Mind Maps to make decisions, solve problems, plan and prioritize
• Use Mind Maps to communicate information and deliver first class presentations
• Use Mind Maps to improve communications within and between teams and help teams be more effective
• Use Mind Maps to improve meeting efficiency and effectiveness
• Use Mind Maps to accelerate the preparation of reports and company presentations
• Use Mind Maps to get clarity on any issue and see the ‘big picture’ as well as the important detail – all on ‘one-page’
Other key outcomes include:
• Mind Maps for personal productivity.
• Mind Maps to shorten study time for career enhancing qualifications
• Mind Maps for Goal Setting and Career Planning
• Mind Maps for making notes from static sources (books and articles) and dynamic situations (live lecture and meetings)
• Mind Maps to prepare, rehearse and deliver speeches of all types
PROGRAM AGENDA – Day 2
All day practical and hands on exercises with focus on project or issue from really life which participants choose
Day two is practical, hands on day with lots of group and individual exercises related to strategic thinking and mind mapping. As result participants will create their own mind maps from materials provided or using personal materials brought to the workshop e.g. reports, documents, books, newspapers and magazines, creative briefs, and project briefs.
The exercises give an opportunity to engage in Strategic Thinking, to create strategy plans and also to plan and rehearse corporate presentations or speeches and communication within and between teams. There is also time for each participant to create a mind map summarising their personal learning from the course. Participants will be divided into teams to explore various different aspects and models of Strategic Thinking which could include:
• Horwath’s five step ‘Deep Dive’ Strategy Process,
• Hermann’s ‘whole brain’ strategic thinking,
• Liedtka’s Strategic thinking competencies
• Deming’s System of Profound Knowledge
• Senge’s Five Learning Disciplines
Then each team will work on a project or issue of their choosing seeking to arrive at novel solutions using the strategic thinking competencies learnt over the two days of the course
By the end of this day, participants will be able to use Mind Mapping to understand, accelerate and enhance all the following business activities:
• Embed Mind Mapping principles within the company’s Strategic Thinking and Strategic Planning processes
• Embed Mind Maps within Design Thinking processes (if you use this methodology in your company)
• Embed Mind Maps within De Bono’s Business Thinking processes (Lateral, Six Hat and Simplicity Thinking)
• Embed Mind Maps within Innovative Thinking, Product Development or Company Brainstorming sessions
• Use Mind Maps to better understand, create and implement new business models, marketing models, sales models, value proposition models etc.
• Use mind maps to succinctly and conceptually visualize key business processes like Systems Thinking, Process Improvement, Strategic Planning, Change Management, Design Thinking, and Business Communications
For the full outline of the program kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.orgIn-House Training
If you have group of people with similar needs and you are looking for more cost – effective approach, Rembell Group will bring this course directly to your workplace. Further, this course can be customized to fit specific requirements and needs of your organization. For more information on this kindly contact us at: email@example.com